MapReduce >> mail # user >> Cluster wide atomic operations

Re: Cluster wide atomic operations
This is better asked on the Zookeeper lists.

The first answer is that global atomic operations are a generally bad idea.

The second answer is that if you an batch these operations up then you can
cut the evilness of global atomicity by a substantial factor.

Are you sure you need a global counter?