MapReduce >> mail # user >> Prolonged safemode

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-19, 22:35
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-19, 23:38
Re: Prolonged safemode
Hey Jean,

        Feels good to hear that ;) I don't have to feel
myself a solitary yonker anymore.

Since I am working on a single node, the problem
becomes more sever. I don't have any other node
where MR files could get replicated.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 5:08 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Tariq,
>
> I often have to force HDFS to go out of safe mode manually when I
> restart my cluster (or after power outage).... I never tought about
> reporting that ;)
>
> I'm using hadoop-1.0.3. I think it was because of the MR files still
> not replicated on enought nodes. But not 100% sure.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/1/19, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hello list,
> >
> >        I have a pseudo distributed setup on my laptop. Everything was
> > working fine untill now. But lately HDFS has started taking a lot of time
> > to leave the safemode. Infact, I have to it manuaaly most of the times as
> > TT and Hbase daemons get disturbed because of this.
> >
> > I am using hadoop-1.0.4. Is it a problem with this version? I have never
> > faced any such issue with older versions. Or, is something going wrong on
> > my side??
> >
> > Thank you so much for your precious time.
> >
> > Warm Regards,
> > Tariq
> > https://mtariq.jux.com/
> > cloudfront.blogspot.com