Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Use zookeeper as Load Blancer

+
Neo Qing 2013-05-15, 05:26
+
Camille Fournier 2013-05-15, 15:55
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-05-15, 16:01
Re: Use zookeeper as Load Blancer
Hi,Jordan:
    Yes,I'm also trying to learn ribbon, and compare ribbon and norbert,
which one is more applicable for us, thanks a lot.

Neo
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We (Netflix) have a open source load balancer as well:
> https://github.com/Netflix/ribbon
>

> ===================> Jordan Zimmerman
>
> On May 15, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > You can certainly use ZK for this use case. You'll have to implement the
> > load balancing algorithm yourself but zookeeper can certainly be used for
> > this. You might look at some related open source solutions already out
> > there like norbert:
> > http://data.linkedin.com/opensource/norbert

> > On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM, Neo Qing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,There
> >>  I'm new to zookeeper, currently I'm working on a project, I have a
> >> cluster of server, client need to connection server (TCP/IP), and we
> need
> >> to keep the connection long live.
> >>  To do the fail over and load balance , I was wondering whether
> zookeeper
> >> can handle this case, especially for long live connection.
> >>  thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> Neo

+
Neo Qing 2013-05-16, 01:26