HBase, mail # dev - Heads up, HTablePool will be deprecated in 0.94, 0.95/0.96, and removed in 0.98

Re: Heads up, HTablePool will be deprecated in 0.94, 0.95/0.96, and removed in 0.98
Nick Dimiduk 2013-08-04, 03:20
On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * HConnection:
>     public HTableInterface getTable(byte[] tableName) throws IOException
>     public HTableInterface getTable(byte[] tableName, ExecutorService
> pool) throws IOException
>     public HTableInterface getTable(String tableName) throws IOException

Mind adding `public HTableInterface getTable(String tableName,
ExecutorService pool) throws IOException` to the permutations?

HTableInterfaces are retrieved from the HConnection. By default the
> HConnection's ExecutorService is used, but optionally that can be
> overridden for each HTable.

This sounds great!

// HConnection.getTable(...) is lightweight. The table is really just a
> convenient place to call table method and for a temporary batch cache.

Do the semantics of the batch cache change at all, with respect to
accumulating mutations per Table/RegionServer/Region?

// The HTableInterface returned is not thread safe as before.

I haven't looked at the patch -- can this be placed in big bold letters in
the class and/or constructor javadoc?

// It's fine to get 1000's of these.

Nice!