MapReduce >> mail # user >> what will happen when HDFS restarts but with some dead nodes

+
Nan Zhu 2013-01-30, 03:04
+
Chen He 2013-01-30, 03:50
Re: what will happen when HDFS restarts but with some dead nodes
NN does recalculate new replication work to do due to unavailable
replicas ("under-replication") when it starts and receives all block
reports, but executes this only after out of safemode. When in
safemode, across the HDFS services, no mutations are allowed.

--
Harsh J
+