MapReduce >> mail # user >> modifying existing wordcount example

+
jamal sasha 2013-01-17, 02:07
+
Chris Embree 2013-01-17, 02:13
+
jamal sasha 2013-01-17, 02:54
Re: modifying existing wordcount example
Hi Jamal

You can use Distributed Cache only if the file to be distributed is small. Mapreduce should be dealing with larger datasets so you should expect the output file to get larger.

In simple straight forward manner. You can get the second data set processed then merge the fist output with second output, you can use KeyValueInputFormat to load the outputs to second MR job.

Else you can use multple Inputs here and process the new input file into 'word   1' and the previous output file as 'word  $count' in the mapper and do its aggregation in the reducer.

Regards
Bejoy KS