HBase, mail # user - HTable and streaming

+
Simon Majou 2013-06-01, 15:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-06-01, 15:14
+
Simon Majou 2013-06-01, 15:21
+
Stack 2013-06-01, 21:42
Re: HTable and streaming
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-04, 04:12
I guess one can hack opening a socket from a Coprocessor Endpoint and push
its scanned data, thus achieving a stream.
On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, no streaming API in our current client (nor does our thrift client
> give you a streaming API).
> St.Ack
>

> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Simon Majou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > No I don't want to scan a table, I want a stream of one result. In case
> for
> > example of big records.
> >
> > With thrift it is up to the client to deal with the response, so in
> theory
> > you can build a client which returns streams.
> >
> > But when I look at the current implementation of thrift for node for
> > instance (https://github.com/apache/thrift/tree/trunk/lib/nodejs), it
> > sends
> > back only full formed results (as the Java client).
> >

> > Simon
> >

> > On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I assume you want to scan the table:
> > >

> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#getScanner(byte[])
> > >
> > > Can you point out which thrift client methods provide streaming
> > capability
> > > ?
> > >
> > > Thanks

> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html