Pig >> mail # user >> Cannot determine the output FILE name?

+
Baraa Mohamad 2012-06-14, 16:47
Re: Cannot determine the output FILE name?
Baraa -- this is standard Hadoop job functionality (that your job
destination is only a target dir, and the actual file names are
systematically generated).  Pig inherits this functionality.  You will have
1 "part" file per reduce task of your final Hadoop job in the target
directory.

Probably the easiest way to combine these files together is to issue a call
to "hadoop fs -getmerge" as you're extracting the files out of HDFS.

Norbert

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Baraa Mohamad <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering why I cannot precise the output file name
>
> for example:
>
> C = store user_results into 'tables/user.txt';
>
> this command create a *folder *with the name *user.txt* and inside it I
> find some file part-m-0000 who stores the needed results.
>
> My question is; can I determine the name of my output *file* and so that I
> can store multiple files in the same directory (folder) , like
>

> C = store user_results into 'tables/user.txt';
> D = store client_results into 'tables/clients.txt';
>
> Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but I really need your help to
> understand why is that not working with me
>
> thanks
>
> Baraa

+
Baraa Mohamad 2012-06-14, 17:12