HBase, mail # user - PerformanceEvaluation

Re: PerformanceEvaluation
Suraj Varma 2011-03-21, 17:13
Look at the "Tool Description" section - the current usage is detailed there.

There is no "shell script" as such - if that's what you're looking for.

You just kick off the command as:
bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation

With no arguments, it will give you the usage and options. There are
many options that you can try (e.g. number of rows, nomapred,  number
of clients, etc)

The wiki page gives you this example of a run using a single client:
 $ bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation sequentialWrite 1

This will run a sequential write of 1 million rows with a single client thread.
--Suraj