Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] Spin out MR, HDFS and YARN as their own TLPs and disband Hadoop umbrella project

+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 02:33
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 03:50
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 16:31
+
Tom White 2012-08-29, 17:30
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 17:42
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:02
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 17:13
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:26
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 18:41
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 17:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:22
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:49
+
Tom White 2012-08-29, 20:34
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 20:40
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 21:18
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 13:46
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-30, 06:41
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:29
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 16:17
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:44
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-30, 02:59
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:54
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-08-30, 10:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 14:11
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-30, 14:23
+
Brock Noland 2012-08-30, 14:43
+
Devaraj Das 2012-08-31, 01:28
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:02
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:15
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:42
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:50
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-31, 16:59
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:10
+
Jagane Sundar 2012-08-31, 17:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 07:55
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-31, 14:34
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 15:09
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 16:00
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 16:08
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-09-01, 00:23
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-09-01, 09:59
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-08-31, 15:05
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:36
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 13:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 10:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 11:00
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-30, 00:16
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 00:55
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:34
+
Jakob Homan 2012-08-29, 21:22
+
Travis Thompson 2012-08-29, 22:30
+
Steve Loughran 2012-08-31, 11:54
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 14:14
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-29, 15:17
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 17:22
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 03:45
+
Michael Segel 2012-08-29, 17:26
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:48
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:20
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:46
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 06:31
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:02
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-30, 07:11
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 12:29
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:35
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-29, 23:53
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:47
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:48
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:52
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-30, 16:33
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 17:00
+
Owen OMalley 2012-08-30, 18:25
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-31, 19:00
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 20:44
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-31, 22:43
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:41
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:19
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:06
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 06:18
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:31
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:17
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:27
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:32
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:47
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:40
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-08-29, 18:35
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-31, 01:24
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-31, 03:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-08-31, 15:59
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-01, 13:21
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-31, 16:54
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-31, 16:58
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-31, 17:06
Robert Evans 2012-08-31, 18:15
That would be wonderful to have. +1  I would love to see MR run on more
then just HDFS/YARN.  So people can pick what execution environment makes
since for them, just like what MPI does, or something like what HDFS does
with FileSystem.  My perspective was just from the current state of
things, if we want to invert the relationship that fixes the problem.  I
would be happy to help with doing that.

--Bobby

+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-01, 13:32