HBase >> mail # user >> Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase

+
Varun Sharma 2013-02-18, 09:57
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-02-18, 10:49
Re: Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase
Hi Varun,

Are your gets around sequential keys ? If so, you might benefit by doing
scans with a start and stop. If they are not sequential I don't think there
would be a better way from the way you describe the problem.

Besides that, some of the questions that come to mind:
- How many GET(s) are you issuing simultaneously ?
- Are they hitting the same region and hotspotting it ?
- Are these GET(s) on the same rowkey but trying to get different column
families ?

Thanks,
Viral

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to batched get(s) on a cluster. Here is the code:
>
> List<Get> gets = ...
> // Prepare my gets with the rows i need
> myHTable.get(gets);
>
> I have two questions about the above scenario:
> i) Is this the most optimal way to do this ?
> ii) I have a feeling that if there are multiple gets in this case, on the
> same region, then each one of those shall instantiate separate scan(s) over
> the region even though a single scan is sufficient. Am I mistaken here ?
>
> Thanks
> Varun

+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-18, 10:56