HBase >> mail # user >> How to verify your COMPRESSION policy takes work?

How to verify your COMPRESSION policy takes work?
Hi Folks

I added COMPRESSION value after creating a table, so here is the table

{NAME => 'SPLIT_TEST_BIG', SPLIT_POLICY =>
'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy',
MAX_FILESIZE => '107374182400', FAMILIES => [{NAME => 'f1', COMPRESSION =>
'SNAPPY'}]}

My question is how do i know the SNAPPY works?

BTW, i can insert data into that table after enabling the COMPRESSION
policy, is this the answer to this question?

Thanks
Ramon