MapReduce, mail # user - Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME
Raj Hadoop 2013-06-14, 17:40
I have modified dfs.data.dir from the default value to another value which is outside 'HADOOP_HOME' and it is >/SD1/hadoop_data.

<property>
<name>dfs.data.dir</name>
<value>/SD1/hadoop_data</value>
<description>Where DataNodes store their blocks</description>
</property>

My data node is not starting after the above change. Can anyone tell whats the issue?
________________________________
From: Sandeep L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:48 AM
Subject: RE: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Instead of using ${hadoop.tmp.dir}/dfs/data you give multiple directories with absolute paths.
Just try as follows:
<property>
<name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
<value>/home1/user1/dir1,/home2/user2/dir2</value>
</property>
This will allow HDFS to write data into all specified directories.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ate: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:14:08 +0530Subject: Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOMETo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.
Warm Regards,
Tariq