HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Need help for hadoop

Re: Need help for hadoop
Hi,
*data.dfs.dir in hdfs-site.xml**- Determines where on the local filesystem,
DFS data node should store its blocks. These are the local directories
where the HDFS data written.This value is a comma-delimited list of
directories and  data will be stored in all named directories, typically on
different mounts. Directories that do not exist are ignored.
*
*No need to * formatting the Hadoop filesystem after editing directories,
just restart data node daemon/all process*.**
*
*
****hadoop.tmp.dir In core-site.xml*: The local directory whereHDFS
operation stores intermediate data files.

--

Regards,
.....  Sudhakara.st