HBase >> mail # user >> Shell .META. scan STARTROW question

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-25, 15:24
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-25, 15:28
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-25, 15:28
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-25, 15:28
Re: Shell .META. scan STARTROW question
;) There is no silly questions ;)

First table is starting with a d. Then I have the "entry" table, then other
tables up to starting with w.

But scan '.META.' , {STARTROW => 'e', LIMIT => 10} is still giving me the
regions starting with d with I will have expected regions starting with "e"
only being displayed.

I will try with a Java client and document that in a new JIRA.

JM
2013/2/25 Kevin O'dell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Sorry for the silly question JM, but I have to ask :)
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Kevin O'dell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > If you look at META do you have anything that starts with z?
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> When I run this in the shell:
> >> scan 'entry' , {STARTROW => 'z', LIMIT => 10}
> >> I get rows starting with z. That's fine.
> >>
> >> But when I run this:
> >> scan '.META.' , {STARTROW => 'z', LIMIT => 10}
> >> it's scanning the .META. from the beginning. Like if startrow was not
> >> considered.
> >>
> >> Is there a special character at the beginning of the .META. keys? It
> seems
> >> not.
> >>
> >> JM
> >>

> > --