HBase >> mail # user >> Questions about HBase replication

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-19, 19:13
Re: Questions about HBase replication
#1 yes
#2 no

:)

Now, there are scenarios where inconsistencies can happen. The edits are not necessarily shipped in order when there are failures.
So it is possible to have some Puts at T1 and some Deletes at T2 (T1 < T2), and end up with the deletes shipped first.
Now imagine a compaction happens at the slave after the Deletes are shipped to the slave, but before the Puts are shipped... The Puts will reappear.

-- Lars