HBase >> mail # dev >> Thoughts about large feature dev branches

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-09-05, 18:38
+
Elliott Clark 2012-09-05, 22:58
+
Jesse Yates 2012-09-05, 23:43
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-09-05, 23:48
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-09-06, 11:08
+
Stack 2012-09-05, 22:49
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-09-06, 10:33
+
Stack 2012-09-06, 19:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-06, 14:03
+
Dave Wang 2012-09-12, 06:49
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-12, 07:24
Re: Thoughts about large feature dev branches
I hope we're not mandating using github or even git.
If a group of folks get together and decide to work together on a feature it should be up to them to decide how to organize themselves.
If they want to use github (which probably is the most obvious choice) that is fine, but if they decide to SVN, P4, CVS, Mercurial, bzr (or VisualSourceSafe :) )... That should be up to them, as long as the end result is a stream of patches that can be applied to the canonical SVN repository.

-- Lars