HBase >> mail # user >> Coprocessor Client Blocking

Re: Coprocessor Client Blocking
Yes, the pre/post method calls for the Observer hooks (RegionObserver for
postPut()) are executed synchronously on the RPC calling path.  So the
RegionServer will not return the response to the client until your
postPut() method has returned.  In general, this means that for best
performance you should only load Observers that you need, and any Observers
you write should do their processing as efficiently as possible.