Drill, mail # dev - Implementing the Query resource

Re: Implementing the Query resource
Srihari Srinivasan 2013-07-26, 16:50
Hi All,

Any thoughts on the DrillClient modularization/short term alternative?

Hari
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Srihari Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: Meeting today
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi,

Quick note on what we discussed w.r.t the REST API.

I am at a point where to submit a query (logical for now) to the Drillbit I
need an instance of the DrillClient class from the Query REST resource.
DrillClient is currently part of the java-exec module. I've pulled out the
jersey/jetty stuff into its own mvn module to keep the concerns separate.

So the really question is - Is now a good time to pull out DrillClient and
its dependencies into its own client module? That way http-engine can just
depend on the client lib. Having this will be a huge help as it can
potentially keep a parallel stream of working going.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Jason - This is the link to my github
branch<https://github.com/srihari/incubator-drill>.
Its still a clone of the execwork branch.

-- Hari