Zookeeper, mail # user - question about lock recipe and watchers

+
Phil Carns 2012-09-15, 01:23
+
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-09-15, 05:32
+
Phil Carns 2012-09-15, 13:57
+
Robin Bate Boerop 2012-09-17, 18:00
+
Phil Carns 2012-09-17, 18:15
RE: question about lock recipe and watchers
Robin Bate Boerop 2012-09-17, 18:35
Phil, thank you for the experience report!

Maybe the website should be updated with this suggestion...
From: Phil Carns [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 17 September 2012 15:15
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: question about lock recipe and watchers

I tried out Michi's suggestion over the weekend and it seems to be
working great.  I just used a one-byte get() in place of the exists()
call recommended in the recipe.  I'm actually using wget(), to be
precise.  The wget() either returns an error immediately (because the
node has already been deleted) or else returns successfully and queues a
watcher that triggers when the node is deleted later.  There is no need
to set a value in the node.