Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Resolving find bug issue

+
madhu phatak 2012-06-26, 11:01
Re: Resolving find bug issue
The issue you are running into is because you made the HOST variable public, when it was package previously.  Findbugs thinks that you want HOST to be a constant because it is ALL CAPS and is only set once and read all other times.  By making it public it is now difficult to ensure that it is never written to, hence the suggestion to make it final.  I would prefer to actually switch it over to private and add in a new public method that return the value of HOST.

--Bobby Evans