Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Running an ensemble in one JVM

Running an ensemble in one JVM
Hi,

Is it possible to run an ensemble in one JVM?

I'd like to write some unit tests for our application in order to test
the robustness of my application regarding connection loss, connection
recovery and session expiration with an ensemble setup.

I did start several quorum peers in the same JVM but I noticed some
strange warning messages in the console. Thus, I'm wondering if that
scenario is possible at all. I haven't look at the code yet in detail if
there are some static references which would prevent that.

For now, I'm starting three separate processes. Each process opens a
command window so that I can see the process output. However, this
requires some setup for running the tests and there are a few other
issues. Thus, I'm looking for alternatives.

How do you write tests with an ensemble?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
[EMAIL PROTECTED]