HBase, mail # dev - ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.3 release candidate is available for download

Re: ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.3 release candidate is available for download
lars hofhansl 2012-12-03, 05:23
Got three +1's so far: Elliot's, Stack's, and mine.
Anybody else who had a chance testing this release?

If we want to go a schedule of a release every 6 weeks or so, we might need to tweak the process.

Maybe announce RCs on the user list as well.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hbase-dev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:01 PM
Subject: ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.3 release candidate is available for download

The 1st 0.94.3 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.3-rc0/

Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

0.94.3 is a bug fix release. This RC has 51 issues resolved against it, contributed by 28 individuals.
These are mostly bug fixes, some nice performance improvements, and some other other improvements.

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12323144

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by November 20th on whether we should release this as 0.94.3.

The release testing spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdFpvZzNpMHRHX0xybjN2eXcxcDVwdEE#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge the coverage)

Thanks.

-- Lars