Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 scheduling

[PROPOSAL] 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 scheduling
Hi all,
Hadoop 1.1.0 came out on Oct 12.  I think there's enough interest to do a
maintenance release with some important patches.  I propose to code freeze
branch-1.1 a week from today, Fri 16 Nov, and have a 1.1.1 release
candidate ready for eval & vote starting Mon 19 Nov.

There's also a lot of good new stuff in branch-1.  I suggest that on Dec.1,
I create a branch-1.2 from branch-1, with a code freeze on Dec.7, and I'll
create a 1.2.0 release candidate on Mon 10 Dec.

Please provide your +1 if this is acceptable to you.

For 1.1.1, I propose to include the below, and I am of course open to
additional high-priority patches if they are reliable and can be committed
to branch-1.1 by the code freeze date.  Let's try to stick to serious bugs
and not new features.  Thanks!

--Matt Foley
Release Manager

    HADOOP-8823. ant package target should not depend on cn-docs. (szetszwo)

    HADOOP-8878. Uppercase namenode hostname causes hadoop dfs calls with
    webhdfs filesystem and fsck to fail when security is on.
    (Arpit Gupta via suresh)

    HADOOP-8882. Uppercase namenode host name causes fsck to fail when
    useKsslAuth is on. (Arpit Gupta via suresh)

    HADOOP-8995. Remove unnecessary bogus exception from Configuration.java.
    (Jing Zhao via suresh)

    HDFS-2815. Namenode is not coming out of safemode when we perform
    (NN crash + restart). Also FSCK report shows blocks missed. (umamahesh)

    HDFS-3791. HDFS-173 Backport - Namenode will not block until a large
    directory deletion completes. It allows other operations when the
    deletion is in progress. (umamahesh via suresh)

    HDFS-4134. hadoop namenode and datanode entry points should return
    negative exit code on bad arguments. (Steve Loughran via suresh)

    MAPREDUCE-4782. NLineInputFormat skips first line of last InputSplit
    (Mark Fuhs via bobby)
+
Jitendra Pandey 2012-11-09, 19:39
+