Hive >> mail # user >> Some Questions about Hive Index

Some Questions about Hive Index
Hi,

When I try to use Hive Indexing, I have the following questions.

1. Does Indexing have the same performance on both the partitioned and
non-partitioned tables? How about bucketed and un-bucked tables?

2. Is it possible for us to build index of function of indexed columns,
like
        create index x on my_table(my_function_1(col1, col2, ...),
my_function_2(col1, col2, ...), ...)?

3. If we try to use the non-indexed columns in base table,  can we use the
index table to speed up the query? join?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Best wishes,
Lin