HBase, mail # dev - mutable index in phoenix - 2014-02-27, 16:10
mutable index in phoenix
Hi, I am reading this
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/wiki/Secondary-Indexing and trying
to figure out what is the difference between mutable and immutable index.
One difference I figure out is that immutable index is client-managed
while mutable index is cp-managed.

I was expecting that, mutable index coprocessor do three things: 1) put
new index entry, 2) read base table and get old index value, 3) delete old
index value if any. I could not find code for 2) and 3). So am I
understanding it wrong, or I did not find the correct code path?

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Tan, PhD
Research Staff Member