HBase, mail # dev - Re: 0.94 non-secure tarballs - 2014-03-27, 17:15
Solr & Elasticsearch trainings in New York & San Fransisco [more info]

Re: 0.94 non-secure tarballs
Good by me.  Was done for historical reasons and because the fellas adding
security were gracious, being careful, ensuring security did not impinge on
non-secure deploys.  We are in a different place now: i.e. underlying
hadoop versions now support it and security is no longer a rare
consideration.

St.Ack