HBase, mail # dev - [VOTE] The 4th HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC3) is available for download

Re: [VOTE] The 4th HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC3) is available for download
lars hofhansl 2014-04-03, 19:16
To be fair, Phoenix should not have relied on an unreleased dependency. (I know there are corporate timing issues, but they really should not force us into situations like these).

As far as I understand the issue, it not just a performance but can lead to incorrect results.

Then again, this issue has existed in all of 0.96 and 0.98 so far (over 5 months).

So, I'd be in favor of releasing 0.98.1 now, and doing 0.98.2 soon, in 14 or 20 days (that would also pull back some of the time lost in the 0.98.1RC cycle).
________________________________
 From: James Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] The 4th HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC3) is available for download

I implore you to stick with releasing RC3. Phoenix 4.0 has no release it
can currently run on. Phoenix doesn't use SingleColumnValueFilter, so it
seems that HBASE-10850 has no impact wrt Phoenix. Can't we get these
additional bugs in 0.98.2 - it's one month away [1]?

    James

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:34 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <