HBase >> mail # user >> How to implement sorting in HBase scans for a particular column

Re: How to implement sorting in HBase scans for a particular column
Hi Vikram,
I see you sent the Phoenix mailing list back in Dec a question on how to
use Phoenix 2.1.2 with Hadoop 2 for HBase 0.94. Looks like you were having
trouble building Phoenix with the hadoop2 profile. In our 3.0/4.0 we bundle
the phoenix jars pre-built with both hadoop1 and hadoop2, so there's
nothing you need to do.

Did you have any other issues?

Regarding sorting rows, Apache Phoenix handles this for you when you do an
ORDER BY:
CREATE TABLE names(id VARCHAR NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    name VARCHAR, age INTEGER);
// populate the table
SELECT * FROM names ORDER BY age;

Thanks,
James
On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Vikram Singh Chandel <