HBase, mail # dev - [VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.17 release candidate is available for download

Re: [VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.17 release candidate is available for download
lars hofhansl 2014-02-23, 17:16
Thanks for the thorough testing.
Can you elaborate "page is split according to the MAX_FILESIZE parameter until all regions are according to it"?
As for the 15% slowdown in the random read test... I have looked through the issues and did not see anything warranting that, it's also nothing I had observed in my testing.

Did you run this with M/R? HBASE-10501 will reduce the default number of regions per RegionServer (would be as high as 19 per table before even with little data), so maybe you're seeing a bit less parallelism (for small data sets).

________________________________
 From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:47 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.17 release candidate is available for download

Haha ;) Yes. UI. Under the page details in the WebUI, In previous release
(maybe not 0.94.16 because I did not test it) when clicking split in the
WebUI, table was split in half. Now, page is split according to the
MAX_FILESIZE
parameter until all regions are according to it.

I'm not 100% sure about it so might be wrong. But I'm not sure I have seen
that before.