 From: Azuryy Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: is my hbase cluster overloaded?

Lars,

I cannot agree with you. I don't think memstore use the old gen, instead, for a heavy write cluster, memstore is keeping for a short time then flushed to the disk, so if you specified  small Eden, there will be lots of promotions, and easy to cause FullGC.

so for the case in this thread, it's a heavy write cluster, so Eden should be large and MTT is also little large to avoid promotion.