HBase, mail # user - Re: WALPlayer kills many RS when play large number of WALs - 2014-07-22, 17:21

Re: WALPlayer kills many RS when play large number of WALs

EC2 m1.xlarge or m3.xlarge ? You might find some of the new types with more
memory have better price-performance value. If you are on EC2 and are
colocating mapreduce with HBase, you'll want more RAM *and* vCPU I think.

the WALPlayer reducer running?

If you add "-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError" to '
mapred.child.java.opts' then there might be a retrievable heap dump left
around on the worker nodes. Not sure the precise location offhand, pardon,
it's been a while since I've debugged mapreduce. You can then use jhat to
analyze the heap dump. The types of the top 10 or 20 most frequently
allocated objects would be interesting.