HBase >> mail # user >> Geographically distant client

Geographically distant client
Hi All,
         I have around 20-30 geographically distant clients that need to
write data to a centralized HBase server. I have dedicated VPN for the
communication and hence bandwidth won't be a issue. is it a good idea to
make the clients directly send data to the centralized server?. Or a
geographically distributed Hadoop cluster is more efficient for this
scenario? Has anybody come across such use case?. Need suggestions on the
viability and efficiency of the setup to follow

Cheers,
Manthosh Kumar. T