HBase >> mail # dev >> Why doesn't KeyValue.equals/CellComparator compare the values?

Re: Why doesn't KeyValue.equals/CellComparator compare the values?
Hmm, I don't think KeyValue.hashCode should be including the value.  I'm
surprised it hasn't turned up a bug, but maybe that's because there's
barely any code relying on it.  Looks like KeyValue.equals now farms out
the work to CellComparator, and maybe KeyValue.hashCode should do the same.
 Note that CellComparator.hashCode does not include the value.