HBase, mail # dev - Major compaction issues in hbase

+
yanivG 2014-02-02, 21:26
+
Ted Yu 2014-02-02, 21:43
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2014-02-02, 21:46
+
yanivG 2014-02-03, 17:31
+
Kevin Odell 2014-02-02, 21:50
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2014-02-02, 21:56
+
yanivG 2014-02-03, 17:32
Re: Major compaction issues in hbase
Nick Dimiduk 2014-02-03, 19:41
"Memory sizing" generally means how much RAM you have allocated to HBase.
The amount of heap, the total size of your memstores and the number of
them. This will impact the size of an individual memstore and thus the size
of the new HFiles flushed to disk. This impacts the frequency and character
of compactions. More column families => more memstores => (usually) smaller
flush sizes => more compactions.