HBase >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.0 release candidate is available for download

+
Andrew Purtell 2014-01-25, 19:33
+
lars hofhansl 2014-01-25, 22:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2014-01-25, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2014-01-26, 05:49
+
tsuna 2014-01-27, 02:38
+
Stack 2014-01-27, 17:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2014-01-27, 18:16
+
lars hofhansl 2014-01-25, 21:23
+
lars hofhansl 2014-01-25, 21:28
+
lars hofhansl 2014-01-25, 21:45
Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.0 release candidate is available for download
Did you follow the migration process in the manual? There is an offline upgrade utility you have to run.

> On Jan 25, 2014, at 1:45 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Tried from scratch again. HMaster goes straight into:
>

> 2014-01-25 13:41:28,422 FATAL [master:myhost:60000] master.HMaster: Unhandled
> exception. Starting shutdown.
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FileSystemVersionException: HBase file layout needs to be upgraded.  You have version 7 and I want version 8.  Is your hbase.rootdir valid?  If so, you may need to run 'hbase hbck -fixVersionFile'.
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.checkVersion(FSUtils.java:588)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.checkRootDir(MasterFileSystem.java:455)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.createInitialFileSystemLayout(MasterFileSystem.java:146)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.<init>(MasterFileSystem.java:127)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishInitialization(HMaster.java:789)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.run(HMaster.java:606)
>

> So this is definitely broken.
> Are we supporting upgrading from 0.94 to 0.98? If so this should sink the RC.
> Or does one need to upgrade to 0.96 first and then to 0.98?
>

> -- Lars
>

> ________________________________

+
lars hofhansl 2014-01-25, 22:18