HBase, mail # user - Re: Slow Get Performance (or how many disk I/O does it take for one non-cached read?) - 2014-02-03, 04:13

Re: Slow Get Performance (or how many disk I/O does it take for one non-cached read?)
To clarify what Lars said: We can do custom encoding of the key values in HFile blocks (FAST_DIFF, etc) in cache as well as on disk. We can also or instead do whole block compression using the usual suspects (gzip, snappy), but only as part of reading or writing HFile blocks "at the HDFS level".