HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT conflicting with hbase-proto 0.96.x

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So is the suggestion to just add the other signature to hbase's version?

Can't do that since the change is changing the param to be its superclass
instead.
> We recently ran into another problem due to this ZeroCopy class --
> shouldn't it really be pushed into protobuf, or pulled out as a separate
> jar of some sort.  We ran into into class path/class loader problems with
> it because if subclasses a com.google.protobuf class (out of a package).

 Yeah, issue was that ZC was loaded by a classloader other than by the
classloader that loaded the rest of protobuf package content (mapreducing
hadoop has loaded the pb jar but not ZC, hbase wants and loads ZC -->
illegalaccess).

St.Ack