HBase, mail # user - Re: state-of-the-art method for merging regions on v0.94 - 2014-08-28, 22:59

Re: state-of-the-art method for merging regions on v0.94
Lars, so it worked for me, and I'm more than happy for anyone to use/adapt
it as necessary for hbase proper.  But I'm not sure it's anywhere near
production ready, and I don't have the time to work on it more right now.
 Perhaps someone with more knowledge of region internals could vet it and
add relevant tests.  We could enter a JIRA, and if I find time in the
future I can take a look.

And yes, @JM, my gist was specific to an online migration (cluster is
active, but table is disabled).  Offline did not meet our requirements at
the time, so I never tried it.