HBase, mail # dev - Re: Public GitHub tree for HBASE-10191 work - 2014-02-20, 02:44

Andrew Purtell 2014-02-20, 01:24
Nick Dimiduk 2014-02-20, 01:36
Andrew Purtell 2014-02-20, 02:17
Enis Söztutar 2014-02-20, 02:26
Re: Public GitHub tree for HBASE-10191 work
After a few painful rebases we switched to doing snapshots from a known
good point and focused our efforts on that branch for a while until we got
the snapshots part stable.  Only after we had online snapshots at a known
good point we started remerging with trunk.  It took a bit of of time
reconciling and hardening against the periodic merges before the merge into
the the trunk branch.  We had reviews on the merges too if I recall -- this
way all the changes could be taken into account, all patches got reviewed,
and each commits was compilable and testable.

Snapshots however was a fairly isolated feature.