HBase >> mail # user >> HBase checksum vs HDFS checksum

Re: HBase checksum vs HDFS checksum
On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Correction: we seem to always write hbase checksums inline with the data.
 See
http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HStore.html#901
The HBase checksums are always present.  The flag then is just about
whether they are used at read time.  If so, at read time, we ask for a
stream from HDFS that does not validate checksums (if an error on this
stream, we reopen asking HDFS to do checksum validation).

St.Ack