HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase shell compatibility needs

Re: HBase shell compatibility needs
I've always found working with the jruby part of the hbase shell jarring
because many of the hbase commands don't interact "natively" with jruby
constructs.  Some work was done [1] [2] to make it a little better but it
is in that uncanny half-there half-not-there state.

More inline

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5548
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7353