HBase, mail # user - preGetOp being called on the Coprocessor when issued with delete request

Re: preGetOp being called on the Coprocessor when issued with delete request
ramkrishna vasudevan 2014-05-23, 05:11
Because internally deleteColumn with LATEST_TIMESTAMP does a get to find
the exact latest version on which the delete applies we do a get.  User
perspective it may not be needed but since a read happens on those blocks
where the latest version of the cell resides we have to know the metric.
 Even the block may get loaded to the block cache if it was not already
loaded.
I think it is ok to have this.

Regards
Ram
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <