HBase >> mail # dev >> Encrypting the Kepstore password in hbase configuration file.

Re: Encrypting the Kepstore password in hbase configuration file.
If we encrypt the password in the configuration file, where will we store
the key to decrypt it?

Protect the configuration file with restrictive file permissions. Or, you
can specify a separate file that contains the keystore password (...
?passwordFile=...) and protect that file with restrictive filesystem
permissions.