HBase, mail # user - Hadoop and Hbase setup

Re: Hadoop and Hbase setup
lars hofhansl 2014-02-14, 07:48
Both Hadoop 1 and Hadoop 2 work. If you start from scratch you should probably start with Hadoop 2.
Note that if you want to use Hadoop 2.2.x you need to change the protobuf dependency in HBase's pom.xml to 2.5.
(there's a certain irony here that the protocol/library we use to get version compatibility causes us version compatibility issues)
Also note that prebuilt tar balls are all against Hadoop 1. For Hadoop 2 you need to build HBase from source (which is not hard).
________________________________
 From: Vimal Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:29 PM
Subject: Hadoop and Hbase setup

Hi,
I am planning to install Hadoop and Hbase in a 2 node cluster.
I have Chosen 0.94.16 for Hbase ( the current stable version ).
I am confused about which hadoop version to choose from.
I see on Hadoop's download page , there are 2 stable series, one is 1.X and
other is 2.X series.
Which one should i use ?
What are major differences between these two ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain