HBase, mail # dev - Re: start 3.1/4.1 release vote on April 30th - 2014-04-17, 19:21

Re: start 3.1/4.1 release vote on April 30th
Not as far as I know (maybe somewhere in the depths of Jira though...).

Its about the fact that CP cross-table writes (e.g. mutable index writes)
can be blocked by consumed handlers on another server. If that server also
hosts a table to be indexed, it could want to write back to the first
server, which is blocking an RPC handler for the original cross table
write. We just need a way to specify custom RPC handlers for indexing (I
think most of this work is already done, but its been a while since I've
looked at that code) and then to actually use that handler from an HTable
(special config option maybe?).

Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com