HBase >> mail # user >> Metadata conventions/tools

Re: Metadata conventions/tools
Hello John,

I don't think there is something like one size fits all in HBase for data
serialization. From my experience I've seen that users choose a serializers
that fits their needs (Avro, Kiji, Gora, etc.) or they use use
Bytes.toBytes.  So what you need to do is to make sure that in your
application the user can specify an arbitrary serializer/deserializer.

cheers,
esteban.

Cloudera, Inc.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM, John Lilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>