HBase >> mail # user >> Question on the number of column families

RE: Question on the number of column families
Thank you.

The 'dummy' column will always hold the value '1' (or even an empty string), that only signifies that this row exists. (And the real value is in the other 'big' column family)
The value is irrelevant since with current schema the filtering will be done by rowkey components alone. No column value is needed. (I will begin reading the filtering section shortly - it is only 6 pages ahead. So sorry for my premature thoughts)