HBase, mail # user - Re: Questions on FuzzyRowFilter - 2014-05-18, 22:13

Re: Questions on FuzzyRowFilter
The top two hits when you Google  for HBase salt are
- Sematext blog describing "salting" as I described it in my email
- Phoenix blog again describing "salting" in this same way
I really don't understand what you're arguing about - the mechanism that
you're advocating for is exactly the way both these solutions have
implemented it. I believe we're all in agreement. It seems that you just
aren't happy with the fact that we've called this technique "salting".
On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Michael Segel