HBase, mail # dev - Bringing consensus based strong consistency into HBase - 2014-04-07, 23:16

Bringing consensus based strong consistency into HBase
Guys,

As some of you might have noticed there is a number of new JIRAs opened
recently that are aiming on abstracting and separating ZK out of HBase guts
and making it an implementation detail, rather than a center of attention
for some parts of the HBase.

I would like to send around a short document written by Mikhail Antonov that
is trying to clarify a couple of points about this whole effort.
People are asking me about this off-line, so I decided to send this around so
we can have a lively and wider discussion about this initiative and the
development.

Here's the JIRA and the link to the PDF document.
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12637957/HBaseConsensus.pdf

The umbrella JIRA for this effort is here

Regardsk
  Cos